Yall, I’m busy.
Busy like…working 40+ hours a week, taking care of two precious little girls, helping run and maintain a reasonable household (at times), foundation fundraising , blogging , sunday school teaching, and still managing to maintain my own sanity…. busy. So, when “super fun” things that require baking and crafts pop up in my life, its stressful.
I feel like October is the beginning of a busy season of activities such as these in church, school etc. The kinds of activities that require baking, crafts or just time I DO NOT have. I’d love to say I’m super mom and can get all of this accomplished without batting an eye but the truth is, its hard and I’m often looking for the easiest way to get something accomplished without it looking haphazard (to put it nicely.)
I have been observing and taking notes for simple and effective trunk or treat ideas to help make this an easy AND fun process for all of us! I feel certain there are at least a couple of mom’s out there that might appreciate this information… heres my:
‘Top 10 Easy Trunks for Trunk or Treat’
- Movie Themes – I mean honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of the current (or older) Disney movie themes. Kids love them and the abundance of décor you can BUY (not make) in the birthday aisle of your local party supply store is impressive. Last year we did a Frozen theme. All store bought and toys I grabbed out of my kids closets! Okay, yes, my mom and I did dress up as Elsa and Anna, but the set up was so simple and the kids were SO impressed even though I looked nothing like Elsa! The beauty is, kids don’t care! If its whimsical and fun, they love it! Minimal prep time or set up and a lasting effect.
- Legos – Card board boxes, plastic table clothes and solo cups/paper plates. Again with the grab your kids toys out of the closet. Done.
- Ghost/Mummy – What’s easier then a white sheet draped over your trunk with cut outs for eyes? Genius!
- Pumpkin Punch Game – Okay, this one would require a little prep time but the kids love it and it avoids the cost of a bunch of décor you may or may not use again. Also, the pumpkin is reusable! Talk about ease for years to come! (Disclaimer: It doesn’t have to be this big!)
- Hungry Car – Red and White plastic table cloths to the rescue!
- Tic Tac Toe – Kids love interactive games. Simple tape, pumpkins/apples and you can have a fun game they can play! The tables are cute but you could go as simple as placing tape on the ground to make boards as well!
- Twister – I feel like every family has this classic game stuck in a closet somewhere. So easy! Just hang on your trunk, tape candy to it and it becomes another fun, interactive trunk for kids!
- I Spy – If you’re a momma, you have an over abundance of toys in your house. Gather them up and arrange them in your trunk for a fun game of ‘I spy’ or even ‘Where’s Waldo’ if your feeling crafty enough.
- Cobwebs and spiders – Cobwebs are always an easy find around Halloween. Black balloons, pipecleaners or whatever else you can find make for a quick craft and easy set up.
- If All Else Fails – Kid’s come for the candy…. give them what they want!
Most of these can be tweaked for personalization and originality. Get inspired for your trunk or treat!