“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…” as the song is sung! You know Christmas lights must be out and we are slowly inching our way into the holiday season!
Let’s check off that list:
- Put up the tree
- Pictures with Santa
- Christmas parties/gift exchanges
- Hang the stockings
- Wrap presents
- Hot chocolate bombs & cookie decorating
- Classic Christmas movie marathon
and lastly … go see Christmas lights!
Everyone loves Christmas lights, right?! Let Rudolph guide the sleigh through Waco and surrounding areas—there are some very MUST SEE Christmas lights in the Heart of Texas!
- Lights of West: November 23-December 30, DAILY 6pm-10pm. Drive thru admission is $35 per vehicle with up to 8 passengers in one vehicle or $55 per vehicle with 9 or more passengers. **Daily hayrides ages 2-15, $10 per child and $15 per adult (2 and under are free).
- BLORA in Belton (Nature in Lights): November 11- Jan 1, 5:30-11pm. Enjoy a 5 ½ mile drive with radio station 91.9 FM; $20 per car; $35 limos; $55 passenger van; $80 47+ bus. **You are able to stop at Santa’s village for vendor booths, crafts, and photos with Santa too.
- Lee’s Lights: Located on Appaloosa Trail in Woodway, where there are snowballs to throw, trails to walk through, music to listen to, a wall to write your Christmas wish list on, and a fun photo backdrop for pictures! Lee’s lights is a great hit for a quick walk through, but if I’m being honest you’ll end up spending so much time here 🙂
- Wooded Crest Drive: Don’t have time or don’t want to stop and get out? Check out this entire street who goes ALL in! They’ve being coordinating for years and have made a name for themselves! Located in Woodway, right off HWY 84. Grab some hot cocoa and crank that Christmas music because I’m betting you’ll drive the street two or three times!
- Oak Creek Circle in McGregor: This hit the map when this family won the Great American Light Fight in 2018. Whether you prefer to drive through or walk through, it’s not something you want to miss! Your kids will ask to go back! Be sure to have those phones charged because there are many photo opportunities.
- 2737 Proctor Avenue: Another Clark Griswold Christmas spirit fix is located right here! This corner of the street also won the Great American Light Fight in 2017! There is a smorgasbord of Christmas lights-you’ll want to park and walk up to see all the beauty that lies here.
- Deerwood Drive off Hillcrest: Hats off to another street in Waco that goes ALL in together with decorating! Take a ride through a different part of Waco and soak in all that Christmas cheer!
- Wild Lights at Cameron Park Zoo: November 25-December 31, Friday & Saturday 6:00-10:00pm (last entry at 9) and Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday 6:00-9:00pm (last entry at 8), $15 for adults, $12 for children, 2 and under is free – member rates available! **Local food trucks will be present! Enjoy warm beverages, sweet treats or yummy dinner. Animals will not be on exhibit!
- Christmas Lights in the Village: December 9-11 & 16-18, 6:00-8:00pm, $10 admission **Thousands of lights to see on your relaxing stroll through the historic village at the Mayborn Museum. Visits with Santa, a petting zoo, food for purchase, local vendors and more will be available!
That’s a wrap on where to see Christmas lights in and around Waco. Who can make it to all 10 spots—-considered yourself challenged! Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal 🙂