The definition of girl dad …
“A dad who is proud to have a daughter and who empowers her to be strong, confident, and to work hard.”
In my college days I remember vividly telling one of my college roommates, and best friend, that all I wanted were boys when I became a mom. I jokingly said, “…but watch, I’ll likely only have girls now that I say that out loud”. Well, here I am…more than a decade later with two amazing daughters. God definitely made me eat my words, ha! Looking back I realize how naive my statement was about only desiring sons – watching my girls with their dad, it melts my heart. The love they have for each other is almost indescribable.
“A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.”
All girls need their dad, or some form of a father. Maybe a grandfather, a close uncle or an outstanding step-dad; dads can come in all shapes and forms! This winter in Waco and surrounding areas, there are a few opportunities to create a unique imprint on your daughter’s heart. It’s a time to sweep her off her feet and treat her like a princess with a father+daughter dance! This bond is so important in our daughter’s lives; to show them how a man should treat them when they get older. It also builds trust, deepens their connection to each other, and provides daughters confidence in themselves – which is desperately needed in our world today.
So, as a moms reading this post, how does this apply to you?! Order the tickets, put it on the calendar, take your girl(s) shopping, make sure their dad/father figure is cleaned up real nice, and ensure the date to the dance goes off without a hitch. It’ll be worth it, I promise!
Here is my short list for father+daughter dances in Greater Waco:
- Discover Woodway always hosts their annual Father+Daughter Dance at the Carleen Bright Arboretum! The Arboretum just redesigned their grounds, so I know the setting will be extra special, too. The dance is typically held the first or second Friday in February but tickets sell out fast so be on the lookout early January for sales to launch!
- Lorena High School Project Graduation hosts a daddy/daughter dance but takes place early January. Be on the lookout for ticket sales in December each year.
- The Exchange Event Center in McGregor will host a daddy/daughter date night which will include snacks, photo booth, crafts, and of course dancing! Ticket information can be found here.
- The Robinson Rockets Drill Team Booster Club hosts an annual Father/Daughter dance. Raffle tickets to support the booster club will also be available at the event. The ticket sales are limited and often sells out so be sure to purchase early!
- Black Fathers’ Waco is proud to host its first Inaugural Father Daughter Dance. Dancing, giveaways, refreshments and more!
I wish there were more opportunities for dances or date nights here in Waco, BUT don’t let that stop you from having your own special night out! I encourage once a month dates for dads and their daughters. This can be a dressy evening out or a pajama donut breakfast date. Whatever it may be, I hope the time your daughter has with their dad is exactly what both of them need.