It is officially fall! That means pumpkin spice flavored everything and family photos with your favorite photographer. The idea always sounds great until it comes time to actually put yourself together AND feel confident.
::Here are my top tips and tricks for flawless photos::
- Try to stick with a matte or satin finish lipstick. The texture photographs very well and the wear tends to stay on longer.
- It is also best to create a definition to your lips. Lipgloss is pretty, but you have to apply lipgloss more often. Plus, lipgloss is not your friend during outdoor photos on a windy day. Ladies, you know what I’m talking about.
- More is actually better. This will even out skin tone and imperfections.
- Foundation and lightweight powder can polish the skin and give a flawless finish.
- Try samples from different makeup counters until you find your perfect match. Personally, my go to for professional pictures is the “Prolongwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation” from MAC. Pro tip: use a makeup face primer before the foundation! The primer prepares the face for what your about to lay on the skin and gives the face a smoother finish.
- Family pictures are not the time to try a new look. Stick with the color palettes you are used to wearing.
Mamas, we put so much energy into finding the perfect outfits and bribes to get our family to smile.
Put yourself first this year.
Don’t go into photos feeling defeated and like a hot mess. Stop and take a look around you. Soak it all up.
If you would like to learn more or have your makeup done for professionally, you can contact Erin Alonzo with EZOmakeup @emalonzo8. We adore her! Thank you Taina Maya for allowing us to use your beautiful family photos. Photography Credit: Alex Wolf Photography.