My family and I attended the HOT Fair on opening night and we are already talking about going again! We pulled up to parking attendants directing us where to go and genuinely made it hassle free. We were greeted by a smiling volunteer on a golf cart and offered to take us right to the front gate. This is heaven if you have littles with you. Once we entered the gate, we were welcomed by the Sweethearts offering free face painting and photo opportunities! We knew it was going to be a fun night of making memories once we saw the bright lights and the nostalgic sounds of our local fair.
Here are 5 Reasons Why We Love HOT Fair:
1. ::MAGIC MONEY BAND:: The Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo continues to make it easy to pay and play! Magic Money lets you leave your cash at home and simply pay for rides, games and food at the Fair with a flick of your wrist! Magic Money is an electronic token system held on a Magic Money Band, using an RFID chip. Magic Money Bands are reusable and reloadable, so you can enjoy them throughout the Fair this year and for years to come!
2. :: FAIR FOOD:: Calories do not count at the rodeo. Indulge in a fresh lemonade and you can find just about any style of food on a stick. Do not forget your funnel cake the size of your head!
3. ::H-E-BUDDY BARNYARD:: Find lots of family-friendly events in the H-E-Buddy Barnyard including children’s activities and much more. You can interact in the petting zoo, birthing center, and the magic bean magic show. You can even feed the birds and hold them. My girls absolutely loved this.
4. ::GAMES & RIDES:: Crabtree Amusements is open daily throughout the 2018 Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo. Come check out all the fun games and exciting rides that await you on the Midway. There is truly something exciting for every age.
5. :: MEMORIES:: I know this may be a given, but we truly make new family memories every single year. It is a wonderful opportunity to leave the electronic devices at home and indulge in quality time with your family and/or friends. The Ferris wheel never gets old!
Our 3 and 6 year old both had their own favorite moments. It is always fun to see their eyes light up with excitement! Our 3 year old even won a stuffed animal. We all know hard that can be.
The fair is running until October 13th so be sure to add it on your calendar THIS WEEK. Children 8 and under are free and you can purchase tickets online at your convenience.