Waco Moms Blog is Growing | Meet Tami Nutt
Hi fellow Mama’s! I’m Tami Nutt, the only woman in The Nutt House, which consists of me, my husband, our 9-year-old son, and our two beagles.
I am a native Wacoan and love sharing my heart for this community. I graduated from Midway High School and earned my Bachelor of Arts degree from Howard Payne University. That’s where my husband-Scott- and I met, and we were married one week after graduation. We moved to Waco, and I earned my Master of Arts degree in history at Baylor. Then, we moved to Washington, D.C. for me to attend Georgetown University in pursuit of a Ph.D.. God had other plans. A year-and-a-half later, we returned to Waco, thrilled to be back home. I officially became a #boymom with the birth of our son-Austin- in 2008. We’ve had many twists and turns in our journey over the years. I now work at Baylor University in Human Resources and enjoy planning Disney vacations for friends, family, and strangers in my “spare” time. In addition to work, vacation planning, running around for/with my boys, taking vacations, and doing all the regular stuff (bills, laundry, etc.), I am pursuing my Master of Jurisprudence degree in Employment Law at Tulane Law School.
Now that the official stuff is out of the way, here is some more info that may be useful to know –
- I love Hallmark Christmas movies and would watch them year-round if possible
- I had open-heart surgery at age 25 to correct a congenital heart defect
- I have naturally curly hair, which I consider a blessing thanks to good hair care products
- I love 90s music and movies, but am concerned that the fashions are returning
- I love my church and the work the faith community of Waco does for our city
- I struggle with anxiety and have my entire life
- I read Supreme Court opinions for fun
- I have been to Disney World over 50 times
- I am an avid Baylor football and Lady Bear Basketball fan
- I work full-time+, love my job(s), and still have mom guilt
- I would wear a baseball cap every day if I could
I can’t wait to share all sorts of great stuff with you as we travel this crazy journey of “mom-ing” together!