Beat the Texas heat with a few local sno cone businesses! I’ve compiled a list of several places that I have tried personally and must say ALL of them are delicious. I may or may not have picked this particular topic so I could eat sno cones and give y’all reviews 🙂
1. Bahama Bucks– While it’s a chain business, their shaved ice will never fail you! From various sizes and endless possibilities on flavors, you could stare at their menu sign for quite some time! Here’s a bonus-you can choose add-ons of ice cream, cream, sprinkles, and more. They also have other summer treats, such as smoothies, fruit cups, acai bowls, lemonade, sodas, and frostalattes (a chilled Kona coffee). A perk to Bahama Bucks is their “Sno 2 Go” party pack for birthdays or any other occasion!
2. Mr. Snow-If you want to imagine you’re somewhere tropical for a brief moment, this is the place to go! There’s a playground included for kids while you wait or to enjoy after devouring your sno cone. Mr. Snow’s menu is loaded—from shaved ice flavors to sour flavors to sugar-free flavors (hello healthy eaters) and you won’t be disappointed. They also have “special flavors” to choose from and can add either extra juice or cream! That’s not all they offer, either. Ice cream, shakes, sundaes, smoothies, soda floats, and “munchies” (aka snacks) are all part of their large menu!
3. Summer Snow-Magnolia Market has a sno cone truck, if you didn’t know. It’s a much smaller menu, but is still ever so tasty! Their sizes come in small, regular, or silo size and they have extras to add: “pucker up” and “sweet cream”. If you’re watching your calorie intake, they too have sugar free options. There’s no better way to shop than to have a sno cone in hand, especially in the heat!
4. Coco’s-Similar to Mr. Snow’s curb appeal, Coco’s has an island feel and a broad menu. You’ll want to go back! Aside from their numerous options, they too offer sugar-free and sour flavors. Not feeling a sno cone? You’re in luck-they have smoothies and ice cream in waffle cones or waffle bowls 🙂 OR, try their “Love’s Nest” with ice cream IN your sno cone. You won’t regret it! Various toppings are available along with drinks and other items. Playground included!
5. Kona Ice-This is a fabulous option if you want to host a neighborhood block party, birthday, or any special occasion because Kona will come to YOU! They also schedule trips to different neighborhoods in the area, operating just like ice cream trucks do. My daughter’s birthday party is at the end of June and we are renting this for her birthday party. You receive up to 30 sno cones for 30 minutes at a reasonable price!
Waco’s lucky if you ask me. All 5 places HIT the SPOT. I encourage you to try them all, it will be SNO much fun. Be sure and check out another Waco mamas review here.