I’m one of those crazy people who wishes summertime in Texas lasted year round! It can be brutal, with triple digit temps and sweating the second we step outside, but I love it. If it isn’t your jam and you’re looking for a way to beat the heat, being in or near the water is one of my favorite ways to cool off during the summer months. Highlighted below are a variety of swimming spots around Waco for you to check out and enjoy with the family!
- Hawaiian Falls | Waco’s own waterpark that is fun for all ages! Whether you opt for a day pass or a season pass, you can’t go wrong! Weekday mornings are a great time to take little ones before the teenagers come alive! Things get crowded the later the day goes on, so get there early, claim a spot and enjoy.
- Camp Fimfo | Waco’s newest addition is full of outdoor fun! Whether you make a day trip or plan a camping staycation, this place is guaranteed to become one of the most popular swimming spots in town. From their spacious pool to interactive water playground to mini golf, and MORE, there’s something for everyone.
- Waco Surf (formally BSR Cable Park) | Are you a big fan of surfing? You’re in luck – no need to take that road trip to the beach! Just on the outskirts of Waco lies a great place to learn; you can even book lessons. They also offer a lazy river which is a great spot for the fam to relax.
- Summer Fun Water Park | Located in Belton, this small town water park is one every Central Texan should have on their list. Offering corporate events, 21+ up night, $2 Tuesdays and other fun options, this is a great spot for more than just a family fun day!
- Robinson Lions Pool | Located just outside of Waco, the Robinson pool has been a hit for years! Entry is only $6 a person and passes are available for purchase if you live nearby and want to make this a frequent summer stop.
- Playdium Pool | Located in West, TX this is the largest spring fed pool in the entire state! While you’re in the area, drop in to Czech Stop and grab some of the most delicious kolaches. You won’t regret it your day well spent in West!
- Amsler Park Aquatic Center | Located 20 minutes outside of town, in McGregor, this is popular city pool surrounded by other awesome community amenities. Summer memberships are available for $50. Close by is Mother Neff State Park so plan a day explore then take a dip!
- Lake Waco | Our lake is a hot spot for a day on the boat, jet skiing or just to swim and relax. Be sure to bring a debit/credit card to gain access to park and swim, as everything is now cashless. More information on how to access the lake, where picnic areas are located, and more can be found at their website. Lake life is the best life, right?! (Actually after growing up on the Guadalupe in the Hill Country, I say rivers are where it’s at – but enter the Brazos at your own risk, ha!)
- Tonkawa Falls | Located in the little town of Crawford is a special little swimmin’ hole! Have kids who are daredevils and enjoying jumping off of a cliff? If so, this is the place for you! Located on the Bosque River, this gem full of waterfalls is something special. ** At the time of this post, Tonkawa Falls, was not open to the public for swimming due to low water levels. Be sure to double check access prior to a trip! **
That’s a wrap on my top 9 swimming spots in and around Waco! If you’re looking for alternative options to a trip to the water park or a day on the boat at the lake, check out one of the many splash pads we have to offer. And remember to be diligent about water safety when taking your kiddos to any body of water. Hope you mamas find a way to stay cool this summer and enjoy a dip in some of these areas!