Best Desserts in Waco
Fellow contributor Alexandra and I took on the difficult task of finding the very best desserts Waco has to offer! We took our toddlers along for an afternoon of taste testing and even braved the Silo Bakery line in the summer heat! The local sweet treats were definitely kid approved! There are numerous places to grab ice cream, froyo, snow cones and cupcakes. However, we have compiled a list of desserts found at ten hometown eateries, in no particular order!
- Lula Jane’s is a little lunch spot found on the east side of the bridge. They serve delicious baked pies of different varieties depending on the day. They also offer sweet breads, scones, cookies and cake!
- Nightlife Donuts is the newest local dessert obsession, serving cro-nut style donuts and donut holes. You’ve got to try this one!!
- Pie Peddlers offers fresh pies daily! They pride themselves on old-fashioned goodness, which is true of every bite! They prepare them by the slice, whole pie or mini pie! Yum!
- Katie’s Frozen Custard is always a great choice if you are craving something cold! Try a banana split, milkshake or coke float!
- Prime 135 is an excellent choice for a fine dining experience! It is the perfect place to celebrate any birthday, anniversary or milestone! Their Crème Brulée absolutely melts in your mouth! Be sure to call ahead to make a reservation ahead of time.
- Buzzard Billy’s offers a tasty Bananas Foster! The server will even make it table side, which is always fun to watch!
- Diamondback’s Red Velvet Bomb is similar to a giant cake pop and is marbled with cream cheese and Oreo crumbles!
- Morosos offers a delicious flourless Chocolate Torte with rosemary whipped cream! It has an amaretto flavor with slivered almonds as the base!
- Silos Baking Company has cookies, cinnamon rolls and cupcakes galore!! Try the Shiplap, Nuts and Bolts or a seasonal favorite! They actually just celebrated their second anniversary!
- Milo offers a mouth watering Baked Alaska! This includes a chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream bakes into a sweet meringue shell!