“To the world you are a dad. To our family you are the world.” -Unknown
I’m a daddy’s girl. Always have been, always will be. He’s my hero and like most dads, they are heroes too! Let’s show them some love this Father’s Day 🙂 Here are some ideas your child(ren) can do to let their dad know just how special they are:
- Homemade cards/crafts are the best! I firmly believe all dads are SOFTIES on the inside, even if they are macho on the outside, tee hee hee. Have your children make them a card, draw a picture, or make hand prints that can be cherished for a lifetime!
- Help in the garage or in the yard-do a chore for them! Pulling weeds is a pain-have your kids spend some time with him in his happy place, even if the help is minimal, I know dad’s do enjoy that quality time while they handle the “manly” duties.
- MAKE THE MAN A FULL COURSE MEAL, with dessert on the side! Most men looooooove them some goooood food. Whether your make it or get take out from their favorite place, do it! I truly feel as though food is part of a man’s love language and if it’s presented to them from the kids, you’re golden!
- Let them nap! Men work hard, too and deserve some downtime. Maybe you take the kids outside or on an outing to let their dad relax.
- Built a fort for movie time! Extra cuddles are so sweet and what dad doesn’t love forts, anyway?
- Plan a date night for dads and daughters-something to allow the dad to show them how girls should be treated 🙂 A special dinner would be fun!
- Plan a daddy/son game night! Or plan an outing to play golf, watch a movie, or go to an indoor/outdoor amusement park.
- Make up a silly song about how cool dads are, especially yours!
- Challenge your kids to say “I love you” as many times as they can on Father’s day!
- Lots and lots of hugs 🙂
We wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for the dads in our lives. Every dad is unique, deserves to be praised, and to be acknowledged as the best dad ever! Thank you to all the dads in the world who make sacrifices, work hard, never give up, and who love our children endlessly. You are valued and appreciated more than you know. Cheers to you dads this Father’s Day -y’all are rockin’ it!
Previous Years Posts: Local Gifts for Dad and a Letter to My Husband on Fathers Day