“To the world you are a mother, but to your family you are the world.” -Unknown
What a wonderful blessing it is to be a mom, step-mom, mother in law, grandmother, god-mother, or perhaps have someone you view as a mom!
Mother’s Day is approaching quickly, so let’s dive into gift possibilities found here locally in Waco! After all, in times such as these it’s going to be very important to support local businesses. Many of these may be closed temporarily but it is encouraged to shop online, as most have this option. Let’s all pray businesses open before Mother’s Day so we can shop in stores. As a reminder, beginning May 1st we can shop most retail stores at a 25% occupancy rate.
- Sironia- A lovely business where you can shop boutique items but also treat yourself to a fun beverage or a delicious, fresh meal for lunch! They also bake great pies 🙂 They are currently closed and sadly don’t have the option for online purchasing or gift cards.
2. Spice Village- You could get lost in here, but it is worth it! Many individual shops to browse where you can find jewelry, clothes, home decor, baby/kid items, toys, and more! They are currently closed but gift certificates are available online.
3. Magnolia Silos- I’m almost positive every mom has been here, but it will forever remain a hot spot for gift ideas for any mother’s home. There’s also the bakery where cupcakes are made fresh and make for a tasty surprise if the mom you know has a sweet tooth! Or hop on over to Magnolia Press to snag some coffee for that special someone. For once the Silos aren’t jam packed but feel free to shop online! Take out for coffee is an option, too.
4. Coreopsis- Another fun find in Waco! From clothes, to shoes, jewelry, swim wear, and kids clothes, this is a sweet place to shop! Currently closed but gift cards are available online!
5. Lane’s on Austin- Interested in some higher end shopping? Lane’s is a wonderful place downtown that has many designer brands and many departments to shop from. Gift cards are available as they are temporarily closed.
6. The Findery- This is one of my favorites! Located catty cornered to Magnolia Press, you’ll find cute clothes, shoes, decor, furniture, fun kitchen items, and seasonal items. They also have The Findery Marketplace (a warehouse) across the street stocked with artisan and vintage finds! They now sell Annie Sloan chalk paint, for those ladies who love to refinish furniture. They are closed for now, but feel free to shop online. New items listed weekly!
7. Courtney’s Boutique- A sweet little shop in Texas Central Marketplace that has grown over the years! They have such sweet customer service and trendy clothes! Any young mom would love to have a gift card from here. Shop online, as they have closed their doors and enjoy free shipping!
8. Harp Design- I haven’t been here in years, but I was infatuated with their quaint little shop and all the neat artwork designed by Clint. If you’re looking for a wood piece for your loved one, this is the place to go! Have fun shopping online here, as all Spring items are 20% off with free shipping!
9. Dreamscape Skincare and Massage- Hands down, one of the best massages you’ll ever gift someone! I recently had two prenatal massages and both were gifts for this mama to enjoy! Andrea is very friendly and will accommodate to your needs. She is currently closed but gift certificates are available online!
10. Common Grounds- Who loves coffee? I actually don’t. Insert jaw to the floor emoji. I’m weird, I realize that. However, stop by either location (Baylor and Woodway) to pick up a gift card or a lovely coffee to go that may just make a certain mom’s day! They are open but only for take-out.
11. JDH Iron Designs- You may have seen them on Fixer Upper, where Jimmy Don creates beautiful custom iron pieces that could sweep any mom off her feet! Located in Crawford. While their storefront is closed, you can shop online (gift cards are available too) or call into the store as someone will be glad to help!
12. Junque in the Trunk- Know a mom who loves antiquing? This place will have you parading around all day with all of their fun home good items and furniture pieces. They are temporarily closed but feel free to shop online!
13. Pura Vida Elite Spa- I’ve never been BUT this looks amazing! They have massages, facials, body wraps, and saunas with all kinds of packages to choose from. What mom doesn’t want a spa gift certificate?! They are currently closed, but you are able to purchase a gift certificate online!
14. Fabled Bookshop & Cafe- Y’all! My plan on my maternity leave was to go here one day, but I haven’t been able to with being quarantined. I have several friends who R-A-V-E about Fabled! If your mom is a book lover, this is the spot to spend some moolah. Gift cards available online during this pandemic.
15. Baylor Flowers- I’ve received a couple arrangements from here and have simply adored them! Sometimes flowers are the perfect gift for moms and you won’t go wrong with this little shop down by campus. They are temporarily closed but will reopen as it is deemed safe.
16. Sugars by Leah- Sweet tooth, anyone? Oh goodness, Leah Malvarose, has quite literally the best decorative sugar cookies you’ll ever taste! The natural talent she has is amazing and I’ve never seen any kind of artwork like hers, in a simple little cookie! Order a dozen or more cookies for that special mom you just love! Check out Leah on her Instagram page. She is open for business but cannot ship; pick up only.
17. Wacotown Massage- Last but definitely NOT least! Our very own team member, Gracie, has a fabulous business that you need to gift someone. It will be an absolute dream, I promise!! Every mom will want to snag an appointment with her! She has gift certificates available online and currently is gifting Hot Himalayan Salt Rocks as a thank you for a purchase.
18. Adorn Boutique- Your downtown Kendra Scott Retailer! We offer fashion-forward clothing, accessories and gifts at a reasonable price so you can feel confident. For women of all ages and stages of life.
19. Black Daisy Boutique- At The Black Daisy we are about so much more than just rad clothes. We are about rad women. We are about YOU.
We fully believe in empowering every woman to feel her best and be her best. There is only one you so go out and conquer.
20. Milkbottle Cookies- Pickup & Delivery Monday- Friday, 10-7. “My love for cookies started out when I would bake cookies for my grandpa! Wanting to always impress him with my wild ingredients & puffy cookies. Then graduating into always being the one who was on cookies. For every party, every get together, anytime there was a grouping of people, I was supposed to bring the cookies. Next onto becoming a mom of 3 daughters. Watching them wanting to bake cookies with me made it all new again. I have dreamed about cookies for as long as I can remember. I can’t wait for you to be able to taste my dreams!”
21. Apricot Lane- OPEN at the Central Texas Marketplace. Locally owned and operated by a Waco mom. Chic, trendy clothing + new arrivals daily.
Happy Mother’s Day Shopping!