Grab your gear…we’re hunting for bargains in Waco!
Are you looking for the best deals in town? Love the look but not the price? No worries! We have shopped high and low and found the perfect places to score the biggest deals in town. So put on your best yoga pants, softest t-shirt, most comfy shoes, and your favorite crossbody, because we are going bargain-hunting in the heart of Texas!
- Big Lots!: Store closeouts and discount retail offer Big Lots! customers a wide array of home items, food, toys, clothing staples, entertainment, etc.
- Central Freight Lines Salvage Sale: Central Freight Lines is a nationwide trucking and logistics company headquartered in Waco. Every other Tuesday from 9 am-1 pm, they hold a salvage sale at their warehouse by Home Depot. The sale includes damaged or unclaimed goods (often the damage is to the container only!) from plastic cups to refrigerators and everything in between.
- Dirt Cheap: You’ll find merchandise at “Dirt Cheap” prices at this second-home to items from liquidations, customer returns, overstocks, out of season goods, bankruptcies and closeouts from manufacturers, distributors and other retailers. I often find deals from Target at 50-70% of the retail price! At Christmastime, they sell toys for $1!
TIPS: Sign up for the email alerts! They’ll post pictures when they get a new shipment in the store. Also, download the Deal Finder app on your phone – this allows you to scan the QR code on items and get the Dirt Cheap price without having to do too much math!
- Goodwill: Goodwill offers donated and closeout items at several retail stores across Waco. You can also shop some of the rare or high-end items online by bidding in auctions or using the “Buy It Now” feature.
- Hidden Treasures by Caritas: Gently-used clothing, household items, various appliances, furniture and other miscellaneous goods. Revenue (after expenses) from the stores goes to support Caritas Emergency Assistance programs.
- Half Price Books Outlet: This store is like Half Price Books, only cheaper! They restock weekly from retail locations across Texas and sell new and used books at super discounted prices.
- Golden’s Book Exchange: This is a local favorite! They have used books and amazing sales!
Clothes & Shoes
- Amelia’s Fashion Exchange: Amelia’s offers women’s new from market and resale name-brand items. It’s especially popular with the teen and young adult audience.
- Another Season Consignments: This store offers clothes and shoes for men and women, as well as purses, luggage, furniture and home items. They carry all styles, and I tend to find a better selection of business casual and larger sized items. They do some fun Facebook Live sales, too, so be sure to follow them.
- Spenco Warehouse Sale: Did you know that nationally-acclaimed shoe and insole producer, Spenco, is based here in Waco!?!? They have a warehouse sale occasionally, so you want to be sure to follow their Facebook page and check it out!
- Home Shack Furniture: Make this your first stop! This great store is my go-to for any home furniture or decor item. They stock closeouts, floor models, and liquidations at discounted prices. They are incredibly kind and helpful!
- Consignment Furniture Showroom: They have a huge selection of all kinds of used furniture items.
Home & Tools
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore: The Waco ReStore stocks new and used building materials and provides a sustainable source of income to Waco Habitat for Humanity. So that means you get great deals and contribute to the community! This is our go-to place for landscaping bricks/pavers and other building materials, as well as for special project items. Definitely get on their email list to be notified of their 1/2 price sales!
- The Tool Shed: This store offers used tools for sale and the funds support Waco’s Friends for Life charity. They even have a Craft Corner with material for quilts, etc.
- Just Between Friends Sale: This is a twice-yearly HUGE sale of kids clothes, toys, furniture, etc. I clothed my son and supplied multiple Christmases from this sale for several years! I also enjoyed selling his outgrown clothes and toys here with much better success than at a garage sale.
These are just a few of the stops on my bargain hunt journey. Comment below with your favorites in Waco!